Using a castor oil pack seems to increase detoxification through the liver and trigger the other organs of elimination to open and release. It may also help to stimulate the lymphatic system, improve circulation and aid toxin removal generally
· A piece of pure cotton fabric, large enough so that when it is folded 2-3 times it measures bout 30cm square
· A pint of castor oil, preferably cold pressed and organic – Pukka Herbs supply a good one that is available in some health foods shops, alternatively castor oil can be purchased at major pharmacies.
· 2 towels
· Some plastic wrap such as cling film
· A small heat pad, hot water bottle
· A large clean jar with a lid to store the pad in
· 1 litre of water
· 2 tbsp of baking soda
1. Fold the fabric so it is several thicknesses and the desired size
2. Pour some castor oil into a shallow pan and soak the fabric in it
3. Gently wring out the fabric so it is well saturated with castor oil but not dripping
4. Place a towel on the bed to protect your bedding
5. Place the castor oil saturated pad over your abdomen and liver area
(See picture), so the oiled fabric is against your skin.
6. Wrap your abdomen in cling film to hold the pack in place
7. Lie down and place a towel over the your abdomen
8. Apply the heat pad or hot water bottle to your liver and abdominal area.
If the hot water bottle cools then refill with hot water to ensure maximum benefit
9. Keep in place for a minimum of 1 hour, preferably 2
10. When finished, remove the pad and place in a large jar until the next use,
close the lid tightly
11. To remove the castor oil, wash you abdomen with a mixture of 1 Litre of water and 2 tbsp of baking soda